Tuesday 18 November 2008

Aged care services in Cotham and Boroondara

I received a query from a Cotham Ward resident about my position on support for aged care services. On the leaflet I had printed and personally distributed across the ward (with a little help from some friends), I state that I will work to ensure vital services that allow older people to remain at home in comfort are properly provided and resourced.

To further clarify this, some improvement to these services are required for those older people who wish to stay in their home.

However, it is important that people have a choice between staying at home or moving into facilities where more care can be provided if they wish.

May such facilities, such as the Eva Tilley Memorial Home, are doing a great job. However, I am hearing from residents that there is still work to do to improve both the quantity and quality of such aged care facilities across Boroondara.

No comments: