Sunday 30 November 2008

Election results: I received the highest number of primary votes but was not elected.

The results are now in for the Boroondara City Council election in Cotham Ward. Here they are:

Candidate

First preference votes

PERRYMAN, Benjie 814 - 8.9%
BLOOM, David 2935 - 32 %
CAMPBELL, Peter 3229 - 35%
BILA, Theo 2071 - 22%

Candidate

Votes after distribution

BLOOM, David 5113
CAMPBELL, Peter 3936

For more details see:
Even though I got the highest primary vote (for which I am pleased) David Bloom (Liberal, works in David Davis' office) got elected by the preference flow from the other two.

It was actually quite close - if Theo Bila got ahead of David Bloom then I would have been elected. I think it is a very good sign that so many people in Cotham ward voted for a sustainable future!

I would like to thank those who helped with leaflets and scrutineering.

I would also like to thank the many people in the ward who contacted me during the campaign about local issues, and for their encouragement.


No comments: